Did you know you can receive a weekly email from CSIRO which provides you with snippets of science?
Targeted at upper primary and lower secondary school kids, but suitable for adults too, each email contains a topical science news story broken down into digestible English, an experiment you can perform at home (today’s example is called ‘Noodle Bamboozle’), links and information about science events and activities around Australia, and – my favourite bit – a quiz.
Test yourself with today’s questions:
1. What is the common name of the largest species of penguin?
2. What common pets are also known as cavies?
3. What happens to the boiling point of water as you rise above sea level?
4. What is the name of the rover that landed on the surface of Mars last week?
5. What common piece of medical equipment was first invented by René Laennec in 1816?
See here for more info: http://www.csiro.au/en/Portals/Education/Kids/Read-it/Science-By-Email.aspx